Skip to main content

The Power of Two

Two is an interesting number.
Its the only Even Prime number. (Remember prime numbers? A number that can only be divided by itself and 1). 
Its so cool how God gave us two of a bunch of things. Two arms to hug with. Two legs to walk in the right direction. Two eyes so we can see the beauty and love around us - two ears so we can hear whats going on from any direction. 
Oh yes, one is the loneliest number, but TWO! Well - Its sort of romantic! Just think of all the idioms about "two"...
Two peas in a pod
Bicycle built for Two 
It takes Two to tango
Two heads are better than one
(Well… actually - anything with two heads is kind of weird)
Okay, so I have to admit - "Two" isn’t always so romantic!
There’s the terrible Twos
There’s my Two cents
Two left feet
And Two way streets
Two sides to every story
You know - Two can play the same game
You can take someone down a peg or Two
There’s Two-timers and 
Two-faced people 
And then we learn to stand on our own Two feet.

But the Word of God encourages us to embrace the number TWO. Matthew 18:19-20
“Again I say unto you, That if TWO of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where TWO or THREE are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."

It can be more than TWO - but if at least TWO of us agree - and ask - it will be done! 
It can be more than TWO - but if at least TWO of us gather in HIS name - He’s gonna show up!

Amazingly, this encouraging message from Jesus was His response to His disciples questions concerning which one of them was going to get the highest rank.

This brings me to another point...
There can be more than two - but when there’s at least TWO of us, we tend to compare ourselves - and that is a trap!
When we compare ourselves - we enter into competition.
That leads to one of two results... 
Either we perceive that we are inadequate - or at least not as good as the other one.
Or we feel like we are better and above the other person.

If I feel like you’re smarter, more confident and more successful than I am - I won't feel like I can partner with you - agree with you - and work in unity with you.
If I feel like I’m above you - and you’re a moron - I’m sure not going to be able to unite and partner with you in God’s work.

We must remember... We are not in competition! We are on the same team and we need to be in agreement!
We wonder where the Miracles, Signs and Wonders are?
I say Miracles, Signs and Wonders are waiting on TWO of us to GET IT TOGETHER!
Jesus made it plain when he said...
"Again I say unto you, That if TWO of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where TWO or THREE are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."

Peter is probably reflecting on the previous discussion with the guys about who was the most important among them... and he didn’t point any fingers - but he blurts out the obvious! 
"Lord, How many times do I have to forgive these jokers? Seven times?"
Jesus blows his mind - no Pete - seventy times seven!

Perhaps Peter was trying to figure out - how he was going to find ONE other person to unite with so they could touch and agree together! Of course, it would have been great if all twelve of them could have agreed; but TWO would work just as well.

Who can you agree with - for the things you want and NEED to see happen in your life? You may have some deep disagreements with  family members or friends - but its time to humble ourselves like children and stop comparing and competing with one another!

I challenge you to find ONE other person to agree with. Grab ONE person to pray and believe with. Oh yes, a prayer team of twenty-five would be fabulous - but why wait to find two dozen like-minded prayer warriors when TWO of us can already be agreeing and touching heaven for the miraculous!
TWO of us can change someone’s destiny!
TWO of us can touch heaven for a backslider!
TWO of us can create an atmosphere where the Spirit of God and His anointing can move into our situation! 
TWO can get things done! TWO can gather together and agree in Jesus name - and ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!
It would be awesome if ALL of us could agree... but TWO will do! 

The Power of Two was my Keynote Message at NCLC17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write the Vision!

Dreams really do come true... if you work hard enough! I have told my story - but just in case you're new to my life - let me catch you up real quick: In 2008, a breast cancer diagnosis directed me to go back to college and study cancer - and alternative medicine My first day of radiation was also my first day of classes at Everglades University in a Bachelor of Science program In 2012, I graduated with a B.S. in Alternative Medicine In 2016, I received my M.P.H. (Masters in Public Health Administration with a Concentration in Alternative and Complementary Medicine) College opened up information about modalities I knew I wanted to incorporate into my life - with the MAIN TWO being -  Medical Thermography  Japanese technology of Kangen Water.  Long story short, God brought both of these services into my life miraculously. I had my first thermography appointment in May of 2017, which culminated with an offer to buy the Thermography business from the current owner.  And here we are -

Peace is the Umpire!

I recently discovered a new decision-making process. It seemed so practical - so I tucked the thought away in my mind.  A few days later, I read confirmation from the word! So, I used this method and it worked!  Let me share it with you:  This is the formula I found for decisions you need to make; or opportunities to consider.  Step One:  Write out the decision you need to make in your journal or on a notepad. Step Two: How do you feel when you think about accepting the opportunity? Think about saying “Yes, I'm going to do this”. Write out how this thought makes you feel. Step Three: How do you feel when you think about not accepting that opportunity, not going forward? Write out how you feel when you consider just backing off and saying “No, I’m not going to do this”. Step Four: Which of those decisions brought you peace when you considered your answer? My daily Bible reading brought me the following confirmation to use with these steps! Colossians 3:15 GNT The peace that Christ g

Praying Them Home...

I still have a copy of my son Cortt’s deployment orders for Iraq in my old Bible. One glance at that tearstained paper reminds me:   1- God doesn’t always say “Yes”. 2- I have trust issues.     I had faith God was going to delete those orders. I believed He was going to keep my son at home! I was sure of this. I vocalized it! I thanked God daily for it!   When Cortt and his unit shipped out to Afghanistan - my faith wavered slightly - but I was convinced God would not allow him to be sent into the Iraqi war zone!   So, when that dreaded day came - and he called to tell us - “I’m headed into Iraq. I don’t know when I’ll be able to communicate again - I’ll call as soon as I can.” I was done.   My faith failed.   For days on end - I could not - (or would not) pray. I was desperately worried and afraid - but, let me be honest… I was also angry. Why should I talk to God now? He had obviously ignored the past four months of my prayers and fasting. I had felt so much faith! I completely tr