Skip to main content

Radiation... this is therapy?

OK... I made it through. 33 days of radiation is not my idea of "therapy". At first, I'm thinking... "hey this isn't so bad. Just go in every day at 1:00 - lay down for a 10 minute break - get to know some really cool people - hey - this ain't so bad after all!" Around about the 20th day, and almost overnight, things changed. My skin broke down really fast and the fatigue set in. The last two weeks I've had to live on pain meds just to cope... I can hardly bear to wear clothes due to the soreness... and then I've never been so tired in all my life. No energy. No desire to do anything - go anywhere - see anyone. Just going to my treatment and to church has been all I can handle.
Thank God I'm done. I know God is going to restore my health, strength and energy. I am so thankful for my family being so patient with me and allowing me the space and time to just rest and deal with this crud. I know I can make it... I've found the can in cancer! I CAN do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well written article.

Popular posts from this blog

The Red Convertible

Today, my precious husband, gave me a surprise College Graduation gift. A red, mustang convertible. Now, I know every girl in town is envious of me... I'm so blessed, excited and SHOCKED! Jeff Chavis is a very frugal guy, and for him to purchase this car for ME... well - I know it held a private message.  If you have heard my "red convertible" story - you know that for quite a while now - seeing a red convertible has been my "sign" from Jesus - reminding me to Let Him Drive! The story is so personal - I have only shared it a couple places upon God's leading. So here's my "Red Convertible" story... I was at our Ladies Prayer Retreat in October 2007. My sister Debbie led one of our devotions using an illustration from a Max Lucado book about "Tucker Town" - A town where all the residents pushed their vehicles around all day - with engines running... they just liked DOING THINGS for themselves! Of course, they were tired, wor...

Write the Vision!

Dreams really do come true... if you work hard enough! I have told my story - but just in case you're new to my life - let me catch you up real quick: In 2008, a breast cancer diagnosis directed me to go back to college and study cancer - and alternative medicine My first day of radiation was also my first day of classes at Everglades University in a Bachelor of Science program In 2012, I graduated with a B.S. in Alternative Medicine In 2016, I received my M.P.H. (Masters in Public Health Administration with a Concentration in Alternative and Complementary Medicine) College opened up information about modalities I knew I wanted to incorporate into my life - with the MAIN TWO being -  Medical Thermography  Japanese technology of Kangen Water.  Long story short, God brought both of these services into my life miraculously. I had my first thermography appointment in May of 2017, which culminated with an offer to buy the Thermography business from the current owner....

Praying Them Home...

I still have a copy of my son Cortt’s deployment orders for Iraq in my old Bible. One glance at that tearstained paper reminds me:   1- God doesn’t always say “Yes”. 2- I have trust issues.     I had faith God was going to delete those orders. I believed He was going to keep my son at home! I was sure of this. I vocalized it! I thanked God daily for it!   When Cortt and his unit shipped out to Afghanistan - my faith wavered slightly - but I was convinced God would not allow him to be sent into the Iraqi war zone!   So, when that dreaded day came - and he called to tell us - “I’m headed into Iraq. I don’t know when I’ll be able to communicate again - I’ll call as soon as I can.” I was done.   My faith failed.   For days on end - I could not - (or would not) pray. I was desperately worried and afraid - but, let me be honest… I was also angry. Why should I talk to God now? He had obviously ignored the past four months of my prayers and fasting. I had f...