Skip to main content

2020 Vision




Physical sight is a precious gift we often take for granted. Are you keeping your peepers healthy?

Mom used to tell us to eat our carrots. Turns out - she was right! Vitamin A is crucial for eye health. Also, goji berries, high in zeaxanthin, have crazy high levels of the type of antioxidants; protecting against age-related eye diseases as well as damage from UV light. Fill your plate with the goodness in salmon and other oily fish; green leafy veggies; eggs, nuts, beans, or other non-meat protein; oysters and pork; citrus fruits. Pack in the omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, lutein, vitamins C and E. Keeping a well-balanced diet also protects us from type 2 diabetes; the leading cause of blindness!
Other obvious eye-friendly health tips are: 
  • Quit smoking! 
  • Wear sunglasses that block 99% of UVA and UVB rays. 
  • Use protective eyewear during sports or hazardous work environments.
  • Give your eyes a break! Look away from that computer screen every 20 minutes and never work more than two hours without a 15-minute break.  
Just as we care for our physical eyes through examination, corrective lenses and even surgery; we must intentionally assess our personal vision regularly. 
Do you suffer from any of the following “Personal Vision” Disorders?
This applies to our Spiritual Vision as well!

#1: Myopia; nearsightedness:

Faraway objects look blurry, because our present situation is so chaotic. There is no clear direction, purpose or goals. Life is so full of distraction, drama and disappointment; there seems to be nothing to look forward to. Depression is imminent with this outlook. Find a mentor to give you better perspective. Set a short term goal. You’ll feel amazing when you accomplish it!

#2: Hyperopia; farsightedness:

When the present, close-up objects in our lives look blurry; we get frustrated. We find ourselves wishing, hoping and waiting for better days. But this outlook is “distorted”! This hyperopia causes us to think negatively about “now”. Learn to be grateful and present in each moment of life and focus on the goodness all around. Start a “Grateful” Journal. List five things each morning or evening you are grateful for. It will change your life in 30 days!

#3: Presbyopia:

Sometimes farsightedness is a side effect of growing older. Aging can cause us to lose the elasticity of our vision. We must incorporate intentional planning for transition in our lives and careers as we age. We don’t want to lose vision and momentum! We want to be productive and effective all the days of our lives! This takes intentional planning in advance.

#4: Astigmatism:

The shape of current circumstances can cause blurred vision. When we refuse to let light, hope and joy shine directly into our lives; everything becomes distorted. We cannot allow busy schedules and overloaded calendars to misalign our lives with the beauty all around us; robbing us of the most precious gift; vision for our future. 

Let’s go for 20/20 Vision in the coming year. 

Be intentional.  Be grateful.  Be-YOU-tiful!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write the Vision!

Dreams really do come true... if you work hard enough! I have told my story - but just in case you're new to my life - let me catch you up real quick: In 2008, a breast cancer diagnosis directed me to go back to college and study cancer - and alternative medicine My first day of radiation was also my first day of classes at Everglades University in a Bachelor of Science program In 2012, I graduated with a B.S. in Alternative Medicine In 2016, I received my M.P.H. (Masters in Public Health Administration with a Concentration in Alternative and Complementary Medicine) College opened up information about modalities I knew I wanted to incorporate into my life - with the MAIN TWO being -  Medical Thermography  Japanese technology of Kangen Water.  Long story short, God brought both of these services into my life miraculously. I had my first thermography appointment in May of 2017, which culminated with an offer to buy the Thermography business from the current owner.  And here we are -

Peace is the Umpire!

I recently discovered a new decision-making process. It seemed so practical - so I tucked the thought away in my mind.  A few days later, I read confirmation from the word! So, I used this method and it worked!  Let me share it with you:  This is the formula I found for decisions you need to make; or opportunities to consider.  Step One:  Write out the decision you need to make in your journal or on a notepad. Step Two: How do you feel when you think about accepting the opportunity? Think about saying “Yes, I'm going to do this”. Write out how this thought makes you feel. Step Three: How do you feel when you think about not accepting that opportunity, not going forward? Write out how you feel when you consider just backing off and saying “No, I’m not going to do this”. Step Four: Which of those decisions brought you peace when you considered your answer? My daily Bible reading brought me the following confirmation to use with these steps! Colossians 3:15 GNT The peace that Christ g

Praying Them Home...

I still have a copy of my son Cortt’s deployment orders for Iraq in my old Bible. One glance at that tearstained paper reminds me:   1- God doesn’t always say “Yes”. 2- I have trust issues.     I had faith God was going to delete those orders. I believed He was going to keep my son at home! I was sure of this. I vocalized it! I thanked God daily for it!   When Cortt and his unit shipped out to Afghanistan - my faith wavered slightly - but I was convinced God would not allow him to be sent into the Iraqi war zone!   So, when that dreaded day came - and he called to tell us - “I’m headed into Iraq. I don’t know when I’ll be able to communicate again - I’ll call as soon as I can.” I was done.   My faith failed.   For days on end - I could not - (or would not) pray. I was desperately worried and afraid - but, let me be honest… I was also angry. Why should I talk to God now? He had obviously ignored the past four months of my prayers and fasting. I had felt so much faith! I completely tr