Skip to main content

GPS - God's Positioning System





I'll admit - as I age - I have become directionally challenged. 
I used to be a great map reader - and trip-route planner. But then - technology came along and made my life simpler. 
I no longer have to remember how to get anywhere - I just push a couple of buttons - and my car navigation system takes over. 

"In 6.8 miles use the left lane to merge onto SC-9 South toward North Myrtle Beach." (ahhh... I love the beach!)
Consistent reminders keep me on track even when my mind wanders off - as I'm chattering to a passenger - or listening to an audiobook or podcast.
I always panic a bit when I hear - "In 700 feet turn right onto Main Street."

700 feet? How far is that? Is this the street? 
No - it says I have 400 more feet to go!
And this is the important turn! If you miss this one - you may have to go miles to turn around! 

(Thank God for my Apple watch that actually vibrates on my arm at the exact moment I'm supposed to turn - saving me from a panic attack in 100 feet!)

Living for God is much like this. 
We KNOW our destination is Heaven. But this journey is quite complicated at times. We don't see the full route map - or we could actually PLAN what we're going to do and where we're going to spend the next 20 years of our life. 
Sometimes we THINK we know - and we put down roots - buy a house and a dog. Then God says... 
"For the next 5 years, live in limbo and try to act like you're happy, content and in control."

Actually, all we need to do is pay attention and listen to His turn-by-turn directions. 

"In 2 minutes, ask the lady at the cash register if she is having a blessed day. No matter what her answer is, tell her you believe that she is valuable and her life and influence matter. Flash a genuine smile and continue walking to your car to load your groceries."

Wait - shouldn't I palm her head - and speak in tongues - and invite her to church? 

No!

Follow God's voice. Listen and obey. If He says speak, speak. If He says pray, pray. Don't speak if He's only told you to pray. 

Now, remember, just as an accurate GPS requires a constant and strong connection to the Global Positioning Satellite system to keep you from ending up in "unidentified areas" - God's Positioning System requires constant and strong connection.

I have actually waited until I arrived in an unfamiliar area to turn on my car's navigation system!

"Uh-oh. Where am I? Which way do I go at this intersection?" 
Not a great idea when you've got traffic bottle-necking behind you!

Every day - when you get ready to start your journey... before you step out of your bedroom - turn on that spiritual navigation system. Make sure the signal is strong!

Pray... 
"Lord Jesus, order my steps today. Guide my feet. Order my tongue! Lead me in the direction You want me to go and put me in contact with the people You want me to connect with. If at any time today You decide to change my direction, You have my permission to do so! Re-route me. Send me on a detour. Just lead me all day long in the direction that brings You Glory and fulfills Your Purpose in my life!" 
In Jesus Name!

Happy travels!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write the Vision!

Dreams really do come true... if you work hard enough! I have told my story - but just in case you're new to my life - let me catch you up real quick: In 2008, a breast cancer diagnosis directed me to go back to college and study cancer - and alternative medicine My first day of radiation was also my first day of classes at Everglades University in a Bachelor of Science program In 2012, I graduated with a B.S. in Alternative Medicine In 2016, I received my M.P.H. (Masters in Public Health Administration with a Concentration in Alternative and Complementary Medicine) College opened up information about modalities I knew I wanted to incorporate into my life - with the MAIN TWO being -  Medical Thermography  Japanese technology of Kangen Water.  Long story short, God brought both of these services into my life miraculously. I had my first thermography appointment in May of 2017, which culminated with an offer to buy the Thermography business from the current owner.  And here we are -

Peace is the Umpire!

I recently discovered a new decision-making process. It seemed so practical - so I tucked the thought away in my mind.  A few days later, I read confirmation from the word! So, I used this method and it worked!  Let me share it with you:  This is the formula I found for decisions you need to make; or opportunities to consider.  Step One:  Write out the decision you need to make in your journal or on a notepad. Step Two: How do you feel when you think about accepting the opportunity? Think about saying “Yes, I'm going to do this”. Write out how this thought makes you feel. Step Three: How do you feel when you think about not accepting that opportunity, not going forward? Write out how you feel when you consider just backing off and saying “No, I’m not going to do this”. Step Four: Which of those decisions brought you peace when you considered your answer? My daily Bible reading brought me the following confirmation to use with these steps! Colossians 3:15 GNT The peace that Christ g

Praying Them Home...

I still have a copy of my son Cortt’s deployment orders for Iraq in my old Bible. One glance at that tearstained paper reminds me:   1- God doesn’t always say “Yes”. 2- I have trust issues.     I had faith God was going to delete those orders. I believed He was going to keep my son at home! I was sure of this. I vocalized it! I thanked God daily for it!   When Cortt and his unit shipped out to Afghanistan - my faith wavered slightly - but I was convinced God would not allow him to be sent into the Iraqi war zone!   So, when that dreaded day came - and he called to tell us - “I’m headed into Iraq. I don’t know when I’ll be able to communicate again - I’ll call as soon as I can.” I was done.   My faith failed.   For days on end - I could not - (or would not) pray. I was desperately worried and afraid - but, let me be honest… I was also angry. Why should I talk to God now? He had obviously ignored the past four months of my prayers and fasting. I had felt so much faith! I completely tr