Skip to main content

The Fly

I found this note in my Face Book Notes from 2011 - and decided to share it here on my Blog: 
Jesus cares about whatever is pestering us - or scaring us - or annoying us! He proved this to me today.
I had a 1:30 doctor's appointment - so I headed out at around 1:00 in my Honda Odyssey. I had barely got on the highway and this enormous horsefly buzzed by my head and landed on my jacket. Screaming - and trying to pay attention to traffic - I pulled into the turning lane... stopped and tried to shew him out the window. No such luck. He flew to the back of the van. I was right by our church - so I pulled in - opened up all the windows and doors and tried to find this ginormous fly. I couldn't see him - so I was hoping he had flown away. I had to keep my appointment - so I got back in the van. Less than a mile up the road - he dive bombed my head again and I could hear him buzzing behind my seat. I am freaking out by now... and pull off as soon as I can - safely... I opened up the windows and doors again - praying. I needed to SEE this fly leave my van... but he was nowhere to be found! I looked at my watch and realized I had spent twenty minutes trying to excavate the horse fly - and now had ten minutes to get to the other side of Fayetteville. (I called to let them know I was running late ) With tears in my eyes, I got back in the van. I left the windows down and started driving. I was so afraid that when I got into heavy traffic that fly would land on me and cause me to wreck and hurt somebody! I felt like bawling - but all of a sudden - I got MAD! Mad at the devil! I prayed out loud "God- you are the Lord of all things - and you have power over everything - even this fly! Satan thinks that because he is Beelzebub that "he" is lord of the flies - but YOU have the power to destroy him! Now I need you to let me SEE this fly either die or leave my van so that I can have peace and drive safely." I prayed with so much confidence and faith - and I was somehow able to drive without worrying. When I got to a red light near the doctor's office - I looked around to see if the fly was visible - and to my surprise - there he laid in the bottom compartment of my driver's door - all of his hairy legs sticking straight up in the air - DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! I grabbed a napkin and threw him out the window! Then I had a praise break! This incident just reminded me that God CARES! And I want to remind YOU - that He is concerned with whatever concerns His children. Even if its just a silly old lady scared of a horsefly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write the Vision!

Dreams really do come true... if you work hard enough! I have told my story - but just in case you're new to my life - let me catch you up real quick: In 2008, a breast cancer diagnosis directed me to go back to college and study cancer - and alternative medicine My first day of radiation was also my first day of classes at Everglades University in a Bachelor of Science program In 2012, I graduated with a B.S. in Alternative Medicine In 2016, I received my M.P.H. (Masters in Public Health Administration with a Concentration in Alternative and Complementary Medicine) College opened up information about modalities I knew I wanted to incorporate into my life - with the MAIN TWO being -  Medical Thermography  Japanese technology of Kangen Water.  Long story short, God brought both of these services into my life miraculously. I had my first thermography appointment in May of 2017, which culminated with an offer to buy the Thermography business from the current owner.  And here we are -

Peace is the Umpire!

I recently discovered a new decision-making process. It seemed so practical - so I tucked the thought away in my mind.  A few days later, I read confirmation from the word! So, I used this method and it worked!  Let me share it with you:  This is the formula I found for decisions you need to make; or opportunities to consider.  Step One:  Write out the decision you need to make in your journal or on a notepad. Step Two: How do you feel when you think about accepting the opportunity? Think about saying “Yes, I'm going to do this”. Write out how this thought makes you feel. Step Three: How do you feel when you think about not accepting that opportunity, not going forward? Write out how you feel when you consider just backing off and saying “No, I’m not going to do this”. Step Four: Which of those decisions brought you peace when you considered your answer? My daily Bible reading brought me the following confirmation to use with these steps! Colossians 3:15 GNT The peace that Christ g

Praying Them Home...

I still have a copy of my son Cortt’s deployment orders for Iraq in my old Bible. One glance at that tearstained paper reminds me:   1- God doesn’t always say “Yes”. 2- I have trust issues.     I had faith God was going to delete those orders. I believed He was going to keep my son at home! I was sure of this. I vocalized it! I thanked God daily for it!   When Cortt and his unit shipped out to Afghanistan - my faith wavered slightly - but I was convinced God would not allow him to be sent into the Iraqi war zone!   So, when that dreaded day came - and he called to tell us - “I’m headed into Iraq. I don’t know when I’ll be able to communicate again - I’ll call as soon as I can.” I was done.   My faith failed.   For days on end - I could not - (or would not) pray. I was desperately worried and afraid - but, let me be honest… I was also angry. Why should I talk to God now? He had obviously ignored the past four months of my prayers and fasting. I had felt so much faith! I completely tr