Skip to main content

Satisfaction of Accomplishment

There are not many things in life that bring true satisfaction. For me accomplishing a task that has been hanging over my head ranks right up there with "Death By Chocolate Dessert" in the satisfaction category. I am a list maker and I love the gratification I feel when I can truly mark something off my "to do" list as DONE! After working all week on several projects I was able to scratch them off my list tonight, because I FINISHED them! They're complete! Of course I still have a page full of other things to work on next week; but just knowing that I accomplished several important projects this week is so gratifying! I have been thinking a lot this week about the things Jesus went through before His death. All the suffering... the betrayal... it was all necessary so that WE could use His life and His reactions to life as our example. (How do we treat someone who betrays us? Just look at how Jesus treated Judas and Peter.) And then, His last words before He died. IT IS FINISHED. The pain was finished. The teaching was finished. The suffering was finished. The questions were finished. It was over. Jesus must have felt such an enormous amount of gratification at that moment, as He gasped His last words. It is finished. His Earth Project was over. It was back to the heavenlies now... back to immortality... back to the Spirit... I love it that He allows us to experience small moments of gratification. Small measures of satisfaction. I don't know about you, but it helps me understand - in my own small way - how He may have felt for one brief moment.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Momma C,

I enjoyed reading all your entries and I'm so impressed to see you have your own blog! I was just talking to James the other day about how organized you are and here's yet more proof. :)

I miss and love you very, very much! You're in my prayers.

Love,
C
Anonymous said…
Enjoyed the pictures, toured the church website, read your articles and poem with interest and love what I saw and read. Kudos to you and to all you're endeavoring to do for the Kingdom's sake. Spring Lake will always bring up good memories for me.

Be blessed with the best!
mjk

Popular posts from this blog

Write the Vision!

Dreams really do come true... if you work hard enough! I have told my story - but just in case you're new to my life - let me catch you up real quick: In 2008, a breast cancer diagnosis directed me to go back to college and study cancer - and alternative medicine My first day of radiation was also my first day of classes at Everglades University in a Bachelor of Science program In 2012, I graduated with a B.S. in Alternative Medicine In 2016, I received my M.P.H. (Masters in Public Health Administration with a Concentration in Alternative and Complementary Medicine) College opened up information about modalities I knew I wanted to incorporate into my life - with the MAIN TWO being -  Medical Thermography  Japanese technology of Kangen Water.  Long story short, God brought both of these services into my life miraculously. I had my first thermography appointment in May of 2017, which culminated with an offer to buy the Thermography business from the current owner.  And here we are -

Peace is the Umpire!

I recently discovered a new decision-making process. It seemed so practical - so I tucked the thought away in my mind.  A few days later, I read confirmation from the word! So, I used this method and it worked!  Let me share it with you:  This is the formula I found for decisions you need to make; or opportunities to consider.  Step One:  Write out the decision you need to make in your journal or on a notepad. Step Two: How do you feel when you think about accepting the opportunity? Think about saying “Yes, I'm going to do this”. Write out how this thought makes you feel. Step Three: How do you feel when you think about not accepting that opportunity, not going forward? Write out how you feel when you consider just backing off and saying “No, I’m not going to do this”. Step Four: Which of those decisions brought you peace when you considered your answer? My daily Bible reading brought me the following confirmation to use with these steps! Colossians 3:15 GNT The peace that Christ g

Praying Them Home...

I still have a copy of my son Cortt’s deployment orders for Iraq in my old Bible. One glance at that tearstained paper reminds me:   1- God doesn’t always say “Yes”. 2- I have trust issues.     I had faith God was going to delete those orders. I believed He was going to keep my son at home! I was sure of this. I vocalized it! I thanked God daily for it!   When Cortt and his unit shipped out to Afghanistan - my faith wavered slightly - but I was convinced God would not allow him to be sent into the Iraqi war zone!   So, when that dreaded day came - and he called to tell us - “I’m headed into Iraq. I don’t know when I’ll be able to communicate again - I’ll call as soon as I can.” I was done.   My faith failed.   For days on end - I could not - (or would not) pray. I was desperately worried and afraid - but, let me be honest… I was also angry. Why should I talk to God now? He had obviously ignored the past four months of my prayers and fasting. I had felt so much faith! I completely tr